Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Christmas at Our House

Christmas is a little different this year, we are flying home to GA for 8 days for Christmas! Last year it was spent with Zach's family. We were trying to get my parents to fly out here this year, since all of us live here. But my poor dad never gets the week of Christmas off in all his years at Fedex. So we all decided to have a good ol' Collier Christmas in GA. All 7 of us (Heather & James, Brian & Amanda, Me & Zach, and Hannah) found reasonably good deals on plane tickets back in July and bit the bullet! I am so excited. We haven't all been together in 7 years, and now our family has grown! Plus, I haven't been back to visit this year at all. So with all that said, we haven't decorated a whole lot. We were given a tree last year right after we got married. The week before Thanksgiving I decided to pull it out and put it up a little earlier since we are leaving Dec. 18th. I pulled out everything and realized we had no pole for the branches to hook on! After 2 moves this year, I guess it got lost in the mix. We debated on getting a real one, but then we would have to deal with Polly drinking it and it dying while we were gone. And Zach is so practical, might I add. Which is a good thing sometimes.. Then we thought we would just buy a nice artificial one on Black Friday but none seemed like good deals so we decided we would wait until after Christmas and get one on sale, so needless to say this girl did not get to decorate a tree this year. I did put out what Christmas decorations I had, which didn't seem like many since we were overflowing in our apartment last year and now we have a house. I love, love this time of year. Everything about it. All of the commercialized things.. lights, music, shopping, food, smells.. plus all of the spiritual things. I love the spirit in the air. It seems to me that everyone is a bit happier, and bit a more selfless. It would be wonderful if we could all keep the same spirit and peace all year long. There are so many things that are nostalgic for me this time of year. I am grateful for this season and for the matchless gift of our Savior. I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!



Here are some pics of the few decorations this year :) The pictures aren't the best and we are still trying to find a place for things.. so don't judge :)

My kitchen table display

Kitchen counter

Living room- there's only garland & a Nativity scene

Another kitchen counter


And my door :) I made this wreath- found it on Pinterest! It's just made of ornaments :)

No comments: