Saturday, July 7, 2012

Meet... Polly, our new bulldog

So Zach has wanted a bulldog for a long time and has been talking about it for since we were engaged. I have never been a dog person besides thinking that they are cute. but as far as taking care of one? Not interested. Everyone has thought that because we are now dog owners Zach had to have talked me into it. Not so surprisingly! I'm not sure exactly what happened to make me want a dog really, but one day I just felt ok with it and was actually excited about it. I was looking on KSL one day and found some really cute puppies, only 1 left. The price was significantly cheaper than most we had seen. The lady responded and the last girl was still available. We went that night and saw her, and I did fall in love with her. The worst part was that we had to wait 2 more weeks to bring her home because she was only 4 weeks old. We put a deposit down and couldn't wait to get her!! We picked her up a couple days earlier than we thought because everything checked out well at the vet. She didn't have a name until we saw her because we could not come to an agreement on one, at first it was going to be Lola and it just didn't fit. Zach's dad came up with Polly, short for Troy Polamalu, who plays for the Steelers. There are so many more good boy names! Anyway, it fit! She has been so much fun, and SO much work. I knew she would be but I think I underestimated it. Luckily I have been able to take her to work with me because she has to pee every 10 minutes I swear, but that has gotten too difficult now. So I take her in the morning, and bring her home on lunch and she stays in her crate. That has worked out well. She's done pretty well potty training, a normal puppy though. Zach is really good with her, better than I am. I do lose patience sometimes. Apparently it's good practice having a kid? But I still think it's very different haha. We took her today to get her shots and they weighed her, she has doubled in size since we got her 3 short weeks ago. She is a whopping 18 pounds! She'll get about 60 pounds, but not very tall. And she well on her way to that. I hope this chewing stage goes away soon, our decorations have had to be somewhat rearranged since she will chew on anything and everything! Oh well, soon enough I guess.

Here are a couple of pictures of her :)

See I do like her :)

The night we picked her up

This is probably her favorite place in our house


No comments: