Thursday, July 12, 2012
Happy 4th of July!
Our Fourth was pretty fun this year. All of my siblings decided to run the Freedom Run, 5K down in Provo. The night before we all stayed at Brian and Amanda's. 2 of their friends were staying with them until their new home was ready, so there were 10 of us, plus 3 dogs! But it was a party. We woke up at 6:00 a.m. to go run, are we crazy? Haha, it was really fun actually. I am not a runner, but would love to be so this was great motivation for me. I felt great after. I was super slow, and jogged most of it and finished in 44:55, nothing to brag about, I know. I'll get there though! After the run, a few of us went to eat breakfast. We had great plans for the day to go floating down the Provo River with our own rafts. It seemed like a whole lot of effort was going into our day off. And wouldn't you know that about 1/2 mile down the river, our kayak got a big fat hole in it. All of this because we wanted to try and wait on everyone to keep floating together. It didn't even pop on a rock, but a wire cage thing that was in the water. Luckily, the water was low and slow moving, although FREEZING! but a nice man that was staying in a cabin right there gave us a ride to get our cars. We came out alive, and I did lose my flip flops in the river as well. Needless to say we never finished floating. Oh well... The rest of that afternoon was spent with Zach's family. A nice barbeque, a game of whiffle ball, and some fireworks on the the lawn of the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. We had a fun day but were SO exhausted and slept like babies that night. I love the Fourth of July and am proud to be an American!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment