Thursday, July 26, 2012

Pioneer Day 2012

This year for Pioneer Day, I got work off! It was last minute, and I was fully expecting to work but ended up not having to go in. I was so happy because Zach had work off! Monday night, we went to the Days of 47 Rodeo with Zach's family. His dad had free tickets from work and had extra ones so they invited us! It was really fun, I always enjoy rodeos. President Monson was even there! He was sitting directly across from us on the other side of the arena, but they announced him as the special guest of the evening and they caught him on the big camera so everyone could see him :)  On Tuesday, Zach and I cleaned our house and got some things done and just spent the day together. That night we went to our friend Alexa's house, his best friend Travis' girlfriend, (that was a mouthful!) for some fireworks! Last year they made the aerial fireworks legal, so for the last 2 summers everyone goes crazy with them. It's pretty fun! Polly was scared of them, she didn't bark, but sat in my lap the whole time, which is unheard of! I enjoyed it though. I was grateful for a good relaxing day.

Here is my attempt of a picture of Pres. Monson, he is in the yellow hat, the clown let him borrow :)

No comments: