Saturday, May 12, 2012

Gotta be a good life!

Well I was reading my blog just now and realized I hadn't posted since our engagement! I sat there and read through it all, so glad I documented all of that. We have now been married almost 6 months, I can hardly believe it. Marriage is the best! I love Zach more and more everyday and am so grateful I'm married to my best friend. Just thought I'd fill all of you in on what we have been up to-nothing too exciting, but life is good!

We were married Nov., 19- we went to Vegas for a short but awesome honeymoon and were home in time to celebrate Thanksgiving! It was craziness after that for a bit, getting settled in. I had an apartment already and we lived there until we closed on our new home December 20! It was our early Christmas present. I already had our apartment decorated, so naturally I wasn't about to move until after Christmas. I think that was a little clue to Zach how much I love the holidays :) I had told Zach that I didn't want to house hunt during our engagement, and I definitely did not want to buy a condo. AND.. we ended up doing both. We ended up doing the whole pre-approval process the day before our wedding, and luckily our agent was cool enough to not bother us during our honeymoon, but the second we got home, it was back on! Then it was off to Georgia- It was so fun taking Zach back home, he hadn't been yet. We went for 5 days in December for our reception there and had a blast! Brian and Amanda flew out too, so that was fun.

We moved into our house on New Years Eve. The condo has ended up being a perfect location for us, at least for right now. It has been SO much fun decorating and making it our own, we love projects :) We have a great ward, very loving and welcoming. Zach was recently called to be the secretary in the Elders Quorum Presidency and I am a Relief Society teacher, I can't seem to get away from teaching, I guess the Lord is trying to tell me something.

So..we have been super busy the last few months! Not only being newlyweds, Zach and I were both in school this last semester, at LDS Business College- he had 3 classes and I took 5, and both worked full time. He works for the church, LDS Family Services and I am still working at Liberty Title West. Needless to say, I haven't been the "typical" wife, ya know the one that has dinner on the table when he comes home from work, the house all clean, etc. But there's a time and a season for all that right? We are both currently in school for the summer, and still working. Sounds super boring, right? Nonetheless, we are both very grateful for the jobs that we have though! I will be done with my associates in August, so I'm very excited about that. I would almost be done if all my credits had transferred..

Anyone who knows Zach knows that he is quite the sports fanatic, especially for the football, STEELERS football. I've had to jump on the bandwagon to survive in the Jorgensen family, and it's been really fun. Well football season ended kinda sadly for us this season when the Steelers lost in the first round of the playoffs to the freaking Broncos! Nobody was expecting that.. Zach got to go to the game because it was played in Denver. I didn't go, but I was watching the game at home. I knew he was so bummed and that was going to be a long drive home from Denver. Oh well, better luck next year we hope! Our first Valentines Day together was fun. Zach took me to see Lady Antebellum in concert, on Valentines Day! It was so fun, and even better because he is not a fan of country music and sat through it for me :)

So there's our last few months in a nutshell- I hope I can keep remember to keep this thing updated! Here are some wedding pics :)









Life is good!! I'll have to post some pics of our house soon :)

No comments: