Friday, March 18, 2011

My Sweet Grandma

I love my Grandma Millsapps- her sense of humor, her generosity, her sweet southern self, her homemade food, her dedicated life to the Lord, just everything about her. Of course we know that life is short, but it just seemed like she would be around forever! Everytime I heard she was in the hospital, I'd get worried and think that it would be the last time... and she surprised us all and pull through! One of my greatest hopes when I left on my mission was that she would stick around, probably a little selfish of me... :) But she made it! And was even at the airport to greet me! It was unexpected a bit this time when she went in the hospital, and slipped very quickly. I wasn't able to be there, but at least my mom and dad were and other family members. Heather, Brian, Hannah, James and I were all able to fly out to GA that same day. It was a bittersweet week. It was hard to come to the reality that she isn't here with us anymore, at least physically. But it was such a testimony builder of the Plan of Salvation. Her funeral service was perfect, it was just as she would have wanted it. There was just a peace about everything. She will be missed greatly, but now she has no doctor's appointments, no arthritis, she can hear.. all of those good things. I'm grateful for the knowledge I have that families can be together forever. She lived her testimony of the gospel, and I hope that I can make her proud!!


Heather, Me, & Hannah at Grandma's Gravesite

Hannah, Brian, Me, & Heather at the funeral home

On the bright side, we had so much fun hanging out with everyone. We spent hours at the funeral home, and kinda made a family reunion out of it. I think Grandma would want us to. We also got to celebrate Hannah's birthday. It was last minute, and small. But it was fun to surprise her with a few things and go to dinner all together.












No comments: