Monday, April 28, 2014

A Sweet Reminder

Last Wednesday on my way to work, I checked the mail. I saw an envelope from a good friend, and ripped it open right away! Inside, I found as sweet card and this...


I know my friend would not want to be recognition for this, but I wanted to share because it touched my heart, and meant a lot to me. While time has passed, and I'm doing MUCH better, she still knew that the coming weeks were going to be especially hard for me, Mother's Day and my due dates- the first of which is May 31st, my birthday (the 2nd due date is a little further away, September 4th). The words around the pearls say "One day closer, forever mine." It is to remind me that I am one day closer to bringing our children here and the 2 pearls represent both of the miscarriages, babies we never really had, but have lost. I was so touched by this token of love and the sweet reminder that God loves us, and works through other people to remind us of that love, comfort and hope. I need to do better at looking outward, serving others and recognizing promptings to do so. That is a renewed goal I have set for myself. 




No comments: