Thursday, July 11, 2013

Life Lately

Life sure is good! So good, I forget to keep up on this blog. The last couple of months have been so fun because it finally got warm here! Zach and I both just seem to drag through the winter, and love the summertime! Summers in Utah sure are nice.

Here are some highlights of our life lately!

May 21st- my parents arrived in Utah!!! It took 2 grandbabies on the way to get them out here. I am so glad to have them close by. My cousin Karen drove one of their cars out too, so we got to see her too for just a night. 


May 31st- my (27th) birthday! Zach bought me a beautiful bouquet of flowers, went to dinner with friends, and then celebrated with my family at Market Street Grill. 



June- Zach finished our yard! With the help of his dad and friend Travis, I was very grateful for their help. Our yard isn't huge, but it was quite the project. Between unexpected snowy weather, weddings, trips, school, etc., our weekend were occupied and this project took about 2 months! It's so nice to finally have fresh, green and lush grass. Zach is amazing and I'm grateful he loves doing house projects!


July- We had a fun 4th! I found out the day before that I had the day off after too! Zach took it off as well, so we enjoyed a nice 4 day weekend. We spent time with Zach's family during the day for a barbeque and swam, and later that afternoon spent time with my family and watched fireworks! I made one of my favorite treats, my flag cake again. It seems to be my tradition. Just a strawberry cake, cool whip, strawberries and blueberries :) Heather started having some contractions that night and we were so hoping Sage would come that weekend,  no such luck. 




Since we had a longer weekend, Zach was able to finish another house project, the molding around our downstairs windows! We decided to do this rather than hanging curtains on all the windows. This is something he and I both enjoy doing together, we seem to always be starting something around here. We have been in our house 9 months now, so I guess it's about time. It really takes more time and money than I imagined, so it's a slow process.. but we are getting there and enjoying it :) Here is a before and after pic!



Zach and I enjoyed a rather hot weekend in St. George the last weekend in June for a family reunion on his dad's side. It was a short trip, but fun to get away. Zach transferred to BYU-Idaho online in April and has been in school since April 22nd. He is done July 23rd, I'm so ready for him to have a break! Even though it's an online program, it's a lot of work! I guess I didn't realize it would be so busy for him still, but he's doing well and enjoying it. If all goes according to plan, he will be December 2014. I'm so proud of him and all he does. He is still working full time for LDS family services. I have been busy planning our ward's Girls Camp. Camp is July 29th- August 2nd, so it's coming up! I work with great leaders and the girls are fun! It should be a fun week.. I'll be posting pics of that later on! I am working full time as well still at Liberty Title. I'm so excited for 2 new nieces to be born.. Heather is due today, and Amanda is due August 26th. I love them already!! It will be good practice for me before I become a mommy (not pregnant yet, but will welcome that any day!). 

Life is just great here for the Jorgensen Fam!

No comments: