We left Thursday night after James and I got off work, later than we wanted. We didn't get stuck in traffic in Provo, where you would guess, but yeah in Payson! Don't know if there was a wreck, or just people slowing down on a curve, but that wasted an hour. We finally made it to Vegas around 1 a.m., and found ourselves a very nice room at Motel 6. Good thing we only slept for a few hours! We drove and drove and got to Mesa around 3 on Friday afternoon. First stop... Sis. Shreeve! The Shreeves are from one of my most favorite areas/ward, he is the Bishop, and she is just wonderful. They were so kind to let Hannah and I stay. Heather and James stayed with his brother and wife in Goodyear. It worked out for everyone! After that, we went to the Visitor's Center. For some reason I was nervous! It was SO fun to see the sisters, and weird to not have to be in a skirt, nylons, talking to people, etc. I just wanted to stay there forever! A part of me missed being a missionary there, and the other part was just enjoying the things I didn't get to very much on my mission (like being at the pool, just chatting with friends...) That night Hannah and I got to go to dinner with Grandpa Frank! My recent convert who was just baptized in October, and doing just wonderful. It was so fun. Saturday was full of more fun. We went to breakfast with some friends, Sasha & Pedro. Both of them were ward missionaries in a singles ward I served in and now they are married, and pregnant! Then we spent the afternoon at the pool with the Snyders, some of my most favorite people in the world! They cooked for us and then we all went to Easter Pageant. The perfect way to celebrate Easter. There were some other missionaries I served with down so it was super fun seeing them too! I remember when former missionaries would come when I was on my mission and for just a brief moment, I wished I was them. And then went back to work :) I fell in love with Mesa all over again that weekend, the weather was perfect! Now in a few months, it won't be. But that's ok :) Sunday was so fun going to an old ward and seeing so many people I love. We spent that night with the Shreeves and their family and just relaxed. Monday we spent hours at the pool, soaking up as many rays as we could before we came back to surprise snow in Utah! Needless to say I got a little burned, first time ever I think. My skin hasn't seen that much sun in 2 years! Hannah and I finished our night shopping at the Chandler mall, where I never got to go because it was out of our mission boundaries. That was so fun. We stopped by the Snyders to say bye, take some pictures, and get some citrus!!! Oh I LOVE Arizona citrus.
It was such a good trip. I didn't really wanna come back.. except to see Zach really. I actually invited him, and he couldn't go because of work. But it would have been so fun though because he served there too. I'm sure we can go again though. I am just grateful that I was able to serve a mission. And even more grateful I'm so close and can visit. I met some of the greatest people while in Arizona, and made life long friends. I love Arizona! Maybe some day I'll move there :)
1 comment:
That's neat you were able to go back to Arizona! I bet it was hot in your no ac car. Your whole family is so cute! And you look great by the way!!!
Post a Comment