So...it has been forever and a day since I have posted anything... I don't have a USB for my camera, so it's always a hassle to upload pictures. I finally have time tonight to use an alternate method. A lot has been going on, mostly just working full time. I decided I'd get some things right in 2009! I was registered for classes this semester, but at the last minute dropped them, and have been working full time since the beginning of January... Reason being, after much thought and prayer, I have decided to serve a mission! I still feel unsure right now, mostly because I'm nervous (Heather said that's normal, at least for sisters:) but I'm moving forward with faith, something I struggle with. People have said things to me over the last few months to make me think... mostly like, "So, what are you doing?" a question I actually don't know how to answer... Um, I dunno, living? Anyway, it's a tough age, a lot of different directions I could go and any of them would be great! I just want to do what I am "supposed" to do. So here I am, filling out my papers. Wow!! I never thought I'd even think about it, seriously at least. But I have had some really good experiences the last few months to lead me to where I am. My good friend Lacey, who I've known for about 5 years through work, was baptized December 6th. My family had the privilege of having her and the Sister Missionaries in our home to teach some of the discussions. She was so ready, and soaked up every minute of it. It strengthened my testimony exponentially! I haven't ever been able to witness all the discussions, and then the Baptism. It was incredible! Anyway, the last couple of months have been event filled. I have just been here and there, having fun every step of the way. The holidays were great... lived to tell about my wisdom teeth extraction... and just having fun! Here are a few pictures just to catch everyone up to speed!
3 comments:
I am so happy for you!!!!!!! I am so excited for you that you are turning in your mission papers! And I didn't know Lacy got baptised! And I didn't know you got your wisdom teeth out... that does hurt so bad. I am so happy for you and am thankful to have you as a friend!
Wow, another Collier on a mission! That's great Kristen! Your poor parents though...what are they going to do with themselves?! That's an awesome thing to do though, so I'm sure they will hang in there until all you guys are back home (and be super proud in the meantime)! :)
I miss you! You are on your mission right now. It's only May.
Post a Comment