I haven't been back to visit Utah since April, so I figured it was time. Even though I'm in school full time, I still thought I could use the break. Plus the ticket was way cheap! Round trip for $237 total! I flew out last eearrrlllyy last Wednesday. I was there by 10:00 a.m.! Heather picked me up and we hung out in Salt Lake for most of the day. We went to Gateway, had lunch, walked around Temple Square, and went to Deseret Book. It was so fun! She had plans to meet up with some of her mission friends in Salt Lake, so I tagged along. After dinner, we drove down to Saratoga Springs to spend time with my best friend Sarah! I always love going to her house, we laugh all night. She is married with a 1 year old now, it's crazy! We have been best friends since 8th grade. We sat up and talked and laughed, until I couldn't hold my eyes open anymore (I had been up for 24 hours). Anyway, the next morning on our way back up to Ogden, we met my friend Naomi for breakfast. It is so fun being back there and seeing all of my friends! The rest of my time was spent with Heather and James. Since I was there for Halloween, we definitely tried to make it fun! We all dressed up. Of course, James was Batman. I was a Leopard girl, and Heather was a tiger I guess :) We don't even have to do much to have fun. I was able to go to my old Singles Branch while I was there too. It was so great. Although I LOVE Georgia, and it is my home, Utah became my home away from home. I just picked up where I left off, and of course hated saying bye to Heather. It was hard being so close to where Brian is too and not be able to go there. Heather and I joked about putting on her old missionary name tags, since I am Sister Collier, and sneak in the MTC. Of course we really wouldn't. But it was funny to think about :) It was a GREAT trip and I was definitely sad to leave! I love my family!
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
My Trip to Utah & Halloween
I haven't been back to visit Utah since April, so I figured it was time. Even though I'm in school full time, I still thought I could use the break. Plus the ticket was way cheap! Round trip for $237 total! I flew out last eearrrlllyy last Wednesday. I was there by 10:00 a.m.! Heather picked me up and we hung out in Salt Lake for most of the day. We went to Gateway, had lunch, walked around Temple Square, and went to Deseret Book. It was so fun! She had plans to meet up with some of her mission friends in Salt Lake, so I tagged along. After dinner, we drove down to Saratoga Springs to spend time with my best friend Sarah! I always love going to her house, we laugh all night. She is married with a 1 year old now, it's crazy! We have been best friends since 8th grade. We sat up and talked and laughed, until I couldn't hold my eyes open anymore (I had been up for 24 hours). Anyway, the next morning on our way back up to Ogden, we met my friend Naomi for breakfast. It is so fun being back there and seeing all of my friends! The rest of my time was spent with Heather and James. Since I was there for Halloween, we definitely tried to make it fun! We all dressed up. Of course, James was Batman. I was a Leopard girl, and Heather was a tiger I guess :) We don't even have to do much to have fun. I was able to go to my old Singles Branch while I was there too. It was so great. Although I LOVE Georgia, and it is my home, Utah became my home away from home. I just picked up where I left off, and of course hated saying bye to Heather. It was hard being so close to where Brian is too and not be able to go there. Heather and I joked about putting on her old missionary name tags, since I am Sister Collier, and sneak in the MTC. Of course we really wouldn't. But it was funny to think about :) It was a GREAT trip and I was definitely sad to leave! I love my family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How fun! I'm glad you had a good trip. You guys looked cute in your Halloween costumes! :)
Post a Comment