Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Brian is Off to the MTC

It's kinda funny to me that I keep up a blog sometimes, but I think it is so fun. I don't have a husband or kids to brag on, but I do have a wonderful family that I like to brag on. Well, the time has come to send off Elder Collier. Time has flown, and I can't believe it! I am so excited for him. Last Monday, Heather came in town so that we could all be together one last time before Brian left. Her husband wasn't able to come, so we were sad about that. But luckily both of them, Brian and my parents were able to spend some time together before Brian reports. My whole family was together all week, going to dinner, getting Brian ready to leave, and just hanging out. It was such a fun week!! So fun that I decided to skip ALL my classes on Thursday! Luckily, I didn't have tests or quizzes, so now I'm just playing catch up. Saturday, we threw a farewell party for him. We had a great turn out, and lots of help from friends and family. We had it outside because the weather was so nice; windy, but nice! That night, he was set apart. I forgot how wonderful that experience was, since it was 3 1/2 years ago that Heather left. He already looks and acts like a Missionary and I know that he is prepared and ready for the work! Sunday morning he gave his farewell talk. It was incredible!! He wasn't sure he would have enough information, and ended up actually going over time. His topic was a Book With a Promise, taken from a talk given in the April 2008 General Conference (I can't remember off the to top of my head who gave it). He started back in Christ's time, when  he was on the earth, up until the Restoration of the Gospel. I was super impressed and so proud of him. After that, we all came home ate a little something and left for the airport. It still seems surreal that he is gone, but I am absolutely positive he IS doing the Lord's work and there is nothing greater than sharing that with the world! I will keep you guys posted periodically on how he is doing!! And I will post pictures when I upload them from the farewell party and last minute pictures :) As for now, he reports today, October 15th to the MTC!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Brian is going to be a GREAT missionary. I'm so glad he'll be so close to Billy's family. I think he's even going to be in the same stake as Billy's mom. She lives in the Spanish speaking area of Long Beach. Maybe I'll get to see him in December when we go out for Christmas! I am looking forward to your updates about him.

The Noftles said...

I can't believe Brain is gone! It seems like yesterday we were all in seminary at my moms house, and Brian wanted to marry me!! Time flies!! That picture is so cute! Can't wait till you come and visit!

The Noftles said...

I just noticed I said Brain, I meant Brian!!! my bad!