Friday, August 22, 2008

EFY 2008- Steady and Sure





So...it has been awhile since I have added anything, I'm obviously not very savvy at blogging...Anyway, this summer has flown by way too fast. I'll just go back in time a little bit... EFY 2008, Steady & Sure. I decided back in January that I wanted to be a counselor for the Sessions in GA this summer. So I interviewed at BYU the week before I moved home. I went through the whole application process, and finally got ALL the required paperwork to BYU. I have never been as a participant, so I had no idea what to expect...what an amazing experience I was in for! It was such an uplifting and fun week. I was a counselor for 10, 14-15 year old girls. For those of you who have been, you know what the counselors do. But each night I prepared a devotional. Then each morning, the girls took turns before breakfast. My favorite day of the whole week was Thursday, the really spiritual day. Our Session Director was phenomenal...and the spirit was there all day. We ended the night with a small testimony meeting. I was also blessed with wonderful Co- Counselor and great boys in our company! The other counselors were awesome too... most of them are students at BYU, so I don't get to see many of them. One of the coolest things was Hannah was able to go, and I got to see her through out the whole week. She had a blast and I loved being there with her! I am very grateful I was able to be a part of it this year!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

YAY!!! I'm so glad you're blogging!!! I lvoe you so much girl and I had a blast with you guys last night!