Thursday, June 12, 2008

Let the Sun Shine On...

As most of you know, Camp Sunshine has been a HUGE part of my life since I was 7. It is a camp for children with cancer. There are lots of activities during the year, but the biggest event is summer camp. There are 2 different weeks, one ages 7-12 and the other 13-18. I had the privilege of going each and every year! Some of the campers are still on treatment that week, and some have been off for awhile. Camp Sunshine fosters normal childhood development for children with cancer. It is a place of hope, love, fun, laughter...and so much more! I was a camper from the age of 7 to 18. Now, this is my first year ever to be a counselor and I am so thrilled!!! I will be with a group of 14-15 year old girls for an entire week!!!

No comments: