Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Here's to 2015- a few thoughts

There is something refreshing about the new year. It's a time to reevaluate, reflect, start fresh, and improve. My husband has taught me a lot of things throughout our marriage. He has taught me more about being level headed, non-judgmental, a whole lot about business and finance (and to be totally honest I don't think it all sinks in :)), and to relax. But I think most of all, he has taught me to just be positive; at home, work, church, our language, and just in life. He is truly an optimist. Over the first couple weeks of the new year, I have thought about what my personal theme for 2015. Recently Zach shared this something with me that I know will help me to be a happier person. Avoid the 3 "C's"-- Compare, Complain, Criticize. I love this! It really is a great formula for happiness. I've decided my theme for the year, as simple as it is, is to...Be Positive! Along with positivity is gratitude. I think the more grateful we are, the more positive we are. And then it continues, and is a beautiful cycle.

2014 was great. Good things happened, some hard things happened, ya know like most years. In some ways, I feel like I let the whole year just pass by. A lot of it seems like a blur. Most of the time, I was waiting. Waiting for something to happen. I was always looking forward to the next month, when maybe, just maybe I would get some exciting news and possibly a positive pregnancy test. Therefore, I failed to enjoy the moment, quite often. I felt like I was always pretty good at that too. So that bothered me. I have grown a lot over the last year and half of my/our infertility (I cringe typing that word..) trial. This year I am determined to remain positive, hopeful, and enjoy my beautiful life with Zach. Regardless of what happens, I have him, my family, the Gospel, and so many other blessings. And I'm grateful for all of that.

So, here's to 2015!!!


No comments: